Your Community Connector
Hello, I am Jan Forsyth working at Wiltshire Centre for Independent Living; I can help you with identifying what your Good Life looks like and finding ways to live that life.
What you can expect from me
- To help you look positively to the future
- To support you to think differently about life and be alongside you as you try new things
- To support you to identify things you want to do; you are the expert in your life, and you will know what you need to live well
- To champion you and be positive about all that you can do
- To be there if things don’t go so well and support you to try a different approach.
What I need from you
- To think about what will help you to live well
- To be willing to give things a go
- To be in charge! We are happy to support and be alongside you as you make the decisions and take things forward
What I can’t do for you
- Offer you any sort of therapy – I am not a mental health specialist
- Do things for you; this is all about you setting your goals and finding ways to achieve them.
I will, however, do my best to find right resources to support you
What is the service
Our Community Connectors provide truly personal support for people who are frequent attenders at GP surgeries or who attend for primarily social need.
The connector works alongside the individual and helps them to reconnect with their lives using their own strengths and resources and those of their community.
The connector works across services, linking in with partner organisations, including drug and alcohol services, housing, social services and third sector groups.
We can work with anyone over the age of 18 and do not have an upper age limit.
If you would like to speak to the community connector ask at reception.
How to find out more
If you would like further information on this service, please contact the surgery.