Know what you’re doing? Feel free to log in below!
Not Sure? Then read the Guide below first.
Using SystmOnline – A Guide for Patients
This guide covers the following topics:
Logging in to SystmOnline
To use the SystmOnline service, you will need to attend the practice to request a user name and password. You cannot register for this service online because your identity needs to be verified. You will need to provide an official document (Passport / Driving Licence etc) that has a photograph of you.
Once a member of staff has given you a user name and a random password, wait an hour before trying to log in to the website.
Enter your user name and password and click Login. You will then see the SystmOnline Home Page, which shows your details and our GP practice’s contact details at the top.
You can navigate to all the online services from here, and can return to the Home Page by clicking Home in the blue menu bar, or by clicking the Back button on any page.
Logging out of SystmOnline
To log out:
- Click the Logout link on the Home Page or the Logout button on the main menu bar.
- Close your Internet browser.
Note: The website will automatically log out after a period of inactivity. Type in your user name and password to re-enter the site.
Managing Appointments with SystmOnline
You will be able to see up to five past appointments and all future appointments. You will also be able to book and cancel appointments.
You can book up to TWO appointments any one time. If you have already reached this limit and would like to book another appointment, you should contact your practice by telephone or in person.
Viewing Past/Future Appointments
Click the View Past Appointments/View Future Appointments link on the Home Page, or click the Past Appointments/Future Appointments button on the main menu bar.
This page shows the date, day, start and end time of past appointments as well as the location, clinician and booking status, e.g. ‘Booked’.
Click Details to see the full address and any special instructions, e.g. ‘Please remember to bring your medication.’
To print these details, click Print.
Booking an Appointment
Providing you have not already reached your limit for the number of future appointments, you can book an appointment using this service.
Click the Book Appointment link on the Home Page or the Book Appointment button on the main menu bar.
The page displayed shows details of all the sessions that are available for online booking. The table shows the date an appointment is available, the earliest and latest slot times, as well as the location, clinician and session type.
We have decided to allow you to book more than two weeks in advance. So a drop-down list will be available for you to select dates further in the future. Select an option from the list and click Show.
Click View Available Appts at the end of the row for the session you require.
A list of appointments is displayed showing the appointment type, start and end time, and duration of the appointment. The most useful columns for you are ‘Start Time’ and ‘End Time’.
Click Book at the end of the row for the appointment you require.
. It is really helpful tonter the reason for your appointment in the Reason field, e.g. Blood Pressure check. This will help practice staff to prepare for your appointment. Bear in mind, however, that any information you enter may be visible to all practice staff and not just to the clinician you are going to see.
To continue without booking the appointment, click Cancel.
To confirm the appointment, click Book Appointment. The appointment is confirmed.
To print the details, click Print. Otherwise, click Back or any other menu option.
Cancelling an Appointment
To cancel an appointment:
- Go to the the Future Appointments page and click the Cancel Appointment button relating to the appropriate appointment.
- Check the appointment details and click Cancel this appointment.
- To continue without cancelling the appointment, click Back or any other menu option; otherwise, click Close.
Managing Prescriptions with SystmOnline
For certain drugs, you can request a new prescription.
Click the Current Prescriptions link on the Home Page, or the Current Prescriptions button on the main menu bar.
All current repeat prescriptions are listed with the drug, dosage, quantity, last issued date and status. An empty tick box in the left-hand column means you can ask for a new prescription for that drug.
To request a repeat prescription:
- Select the drug by ticking the box in the left-hand column. If the item you require is not listed or if you need to include further information with your request, type the details into the Medication Request Notes field. When providing this information, you should bear in mind that it may be visible to all practice staff.
- Click Request Medication. The Medication Order Summary is displayed, stating that a request has been sent to the practice to re-prescribe the item(s), and that the prescription will be ready for collection in two working days (after 2PM).
- Click Return to Current Medication to return to the Current Prescriptions page where the status of the drug will show that it has been requested.
Changing your SystmOnline Password
You will initially be given a random password but you can change this to something more memorable. Passwords must be eight or more characters long and must contain at least one number and one non-alphanumeric character, e.g. ‘!’ or ‘?’
- Click the Change Password link on the Home Page.
- Enter the current password.
- Enter the new password.
- Re-enter the new password.
- Click Submit. You are advised to memorise the new password, and not to write it down or disclose it to anyone else.
- Click Back.
Changing your Contact Details
To change your address, telephone number(s) or email address:
- Click the Change Contact Details link on the Home page.
- Enter your new details then click Submit new contact details. A message is displayed, showing that your details were sent successfully.
Note: If you are happy for the practice to send text messages to your mobile telephone, e.g. appointment reminders, select Allow SMS notifications and ensure that you have provided your mobile telephone number.
SystmOnline Usage and Privacy Policies
Please use this service responsibly. In the case of any abuse of the service, we can prevent you from accessing the service by stopping your user name and password from working.
Examples of irresponsible use of the system may include, but are not limited to:
- registering at a GP practice when you have no intention of using it as your usual GP practice
- registering at a GP practice outside your catchment area
- booking appointments you have no intention of attending
- repeatedly booking and then cancelling appointments
- repeatedly requesting prescriptions that you do not need
We are committed to protecting your privacy online. The personal information you enter on this website is strictly controlled. Information entered is available only to members of staff with appropriate access rights at the GP practice – i.e. those managing appointment booking, repeat prescribing and patient registration. Your personal information will not be shared with any third parties. Your personal information will not be sold to any third parties.